The Inn at Hilltop Gardens is a farmhouse rental unit far from the sounds, lights and energy of the city. It is surrounded by a 720 acre farm and set in a tropical healing garden. The Texas home of Econet Chairman Bill Lee is a beautiful Mexican colonial/Mediterranean style farm house. It is available as a whole house rental with three bedrooms and a suite that can accommodate a maximum of 8 adults. While standard occupancy is 2 adults per room, one room, the Ginger Room, with 2 adults can also accommodate 2 children. There are full kitchen privileges. Amenitites include Wi-fi connections, pool and spa, and access to a 10 acre botanical gardens. In the very center of the Rio Grande Valley this vacation/weekend rental unit is within easy driving distance of World Birding Centers, Gulf beaches, tourists' friendly Mexico destinations, the National Butterfly Center and the Rio Grande Valley Premium Outlet Mall, as well as a wealth of cultural and historic locations. Rental requires a minimum of 2 consecutive days, a 30 day advance reservation with a 50% non-refundable deposit.
The Inn at Hilltop Gardens Rental Pricing
- Weekday & Weekend $900 / day
- 4 Bedrooms
- Standard Occupancy is 2 people per room
- Children under 12 years old free to stay
- Full Kitchen Access Included
- 30 Days Reservation in advance
- Minimum 2 consecutive days
- 50% non-refundable deposit when reserved
- Waiver of Liability will be required with check-in
- 6% Occupancy Tax added to room and space rental
- Prices & Taxes subject to change without notice
The Ewald House Visitor Center sit on the foot print of the original farm house built on Hilltop Gardens in the 1930s. Named for the original family who farmed this land the new center now serves many purposes for our guests. Besides great staff to help you, the Ewald House Visitor Center also has a multi-media room that will serve up to 60 guests. It can be used for presentations, meetings and parties. There is also a conference room serving up to 25 people for business conferences and retreats. The conference room features wireless internet connection and a large screen smart tv. A gift shop offering Hilltop Gardens’ signature products as well an eclectic selection of other items offers visitors the chance to take a little bit of the experience with them. While there, you can grab a snack and a drink to enjoy on the patio while listening to the woodpeckers drum in the trees.
The gift shop in the Ewald House Visitor's Center is a great place to stop by at the end of your visit to Hilltop Gardens. It is a cool respite after breathtaking journey through our tropical gardens. Explore your senses further with our array of exclusive Hilltop Gardens' beauty product and marvel at our line of nutraceutical products from our sister company, Univera. All made with our certified organic aloe vera or as the Egyptians called it " the plant of immortality." We also carry a small collection of handcrafted jewelry and original art pieces from local artists. And, of course, potted baby aloe plants straight from our fields for your garden are available.
Refresh yourself after a day in the gardens and some shopping with a cool drink and a snack in our patio while listening to the wind chime and timber bamboo as they sway in the wind. It brings you a symphony of unique sounds that only nature could provide.
Event & Estate Rental Policy
- Reservations/Deposits: Reservations must be made at least 90 days prior to event. 50% of rental fee is due when reservation is made and contract is signed. 25% of remaining balance is due 90 days prior to event date and remaining balance must be paid 3 days prior to event. There will be a number of guest requested on the event/order contract. This number is used to establish rental pricing, ordering quantities etc. Your final guest guarantee number is required 4 business days prior to your event. Food and Beverage costs may increase if guest attendance decreases more than 20% of original booking. Catering services have policies of their own. This will be used to cover unforeseen expenses due to damage to the property, equipment and gardens. Any remaining balance will be refunded within 10 days after the event. All incidental charges must be paid prior to departure. All payments must be made in US dollars. If any portion of the charges are billed, prior credit approval must be obtained from Hilltop Gardens.
- Cancellations: Cancellation must be made 90 calendar days prior to event date to receive full deposit refund minus a $250 non refundable administrative fee. Otherwise, all deposit will be forfeited.
- Rental Equipment: No rental equipment is provided by Hilltop Gardens at this time. All decorations, linens, tables, chairs, lighting, equipment, photographers and music shall be contracted by professional vendors by the lessee or contracting party. All rental equipment must be picked up on next business day.
- Catering: Hilltop Gardens will provide a list of approved caterers, if other caterers is used, approval must be obtained by our management prior to reservations. Guests are not allowed to bring beer wine and liquor on premises on social functions without prior approval of Hilltop gardens as stipulated on event contract..
- Food & Beverage: 20% service charge and 6.25% sales tax will be added to all food and beverage service.
- Security: A parking attendant will assist with designated parking upon arrival of guests. A licensed peace officer must be hired for evening events and weddings by the contracting party and must arrive and check in with management 30 minutes prior to guest